1. I had a Zoom meeting with the editors of Micro Editions for the online academic journal called Scholarly Editing, and I am greenlighted to start the process for a Jo Anna Kneeland micro edition. She was a dance scholar--the first to look at ballet training with an eye to kinesiology. She was fully a decade ahead of all the people who jumped on the bandwagon about it, but most of her "stuff" is unpublished. I just need to tie her son (and only heir) down to sign permissions or the project is dead in the water. He keeps NOT contacting me when he says he will "try." In his defense, he had a stroke and his speech is badly affected, so I can't call him. Like I can leave a message, but he doesn't pick up because he is afraid of not being understood. I am excited about this project and very worried because I don't want her work that I have access to to disappear forwever!
2. My student from years ago, Michael Wilson, came to visit me! He has lost weight, and he was wearing a hat. So I was not quick to recognize him!! Hats get me every time!!
He lives on the Kentucky side of Minneapolis, and works across the street from the convention center I was just at in February!! I didn't realize that. He works at the head office of Kroger. (No, I do not know what that little weird blue circle is on my glasses! A trick of the lighting, I guess?)
3. My article about William Primrose in America was published in Japan. This was a requested article from a Japanese TV station. The producer mailed me two copies today. So fun to see it in real life!
She also sent me a cute note with it:
So, that was fun!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment