Sunday, May 3, 2020

Thoughts on a Sunday afternoon

I thought this was funny/cute:
My friend Amy posted this picture:



Then she asked her family: Why is the little Jesus statue holding the cord to the blinds?
Holland: Because He's letting in the light 😂
Josh: Yeah, He's lifting up everybody's spirits. 😂😂

I had a good Sunday today. I spent the entire day (except for a really nice nap; and two FB calls, one with David, and another with Nancy and Abra; and our family worship time; and going on a walk with Josie; and cooking dinner) doing Family Bible work on Family Search. So--I really did quite a bit more than just Family Bible work, but that was mostly how I spent my day.

Sometimes--today was one of those times--I find a family that needs some work connecting parents and siblings, and that is always a lot of fun for me. I use Google, Find a Grave, many places to look for obituaries. Today I got to use Revolutionary War Frakturs. That was interesting! And when I got up from my nap, there was a message waiting on my phone from someone who said, "Thank you so much for sharing this! (a Family Bible on a person's page) It is such a joy to see records of family members!This made my day!" -- and that was not even a hard one! All I did was connect her family tree to a Family Bible kept by someone in their family!

I still am really grateful for that Good Friday Fast experience. It has really helped me to be more intentional in my fasting, which makes fasting easier and more purposeful and therefore more meaningful. Easier to fast an entire day; easier not to be tempted to eat, even if someone else is cooking and eating. Even if I am cooking! So it was a good Fast Sunday for me, today, too. 

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Cute picture and comments! I'm glad you had such a good Sunday!