Sunday, December 2, 2012

April 1982 part deux

April 13, 1982 -- Grandpa and Grandma Conrad arrived from Canada for a visit.

April 14, 1982 -- We had a birthday party for Grandma.
Jenna, Grandma with Lance, Abbi and Kelli
[So, what can we tell about the party, using the picture as clues? The party was held in Arlene's house at 5646 Aztec Drive. They are standing in the archway of the living room, where Arlene has hung decorations, with the kitchen in view behind them. The girls must have had dancing class that day, because just look at them...]

April 17, 1982 -- Kelli and Abbi [and Jenna] were in a dance show at La Mesa Convalescent Hospital. [And there was a picture of them with Jenna and Lance taken on that day. Which I don't have.](Yes I do--found it!)
Don't you love the expressions on their faces? I do! Priceless!
April 23, 1982 -- our family went to Point Loma and Cabrillo National Monument with Grandpa and Grandma, Auntie Arlene, Jenna, Lance and April Herman. That night we had a birthday party for April. At both birthday parties we played games like "Button, Button" and musical chairs.

April 24, 1982 -- Grandma C. gave Kelli a short summer haircut, just the way Kelli likes her hair to be. [Kelli was often really bothered by her hair. It bothered her neck, it bothered her ears, it bothered her eyes. I really liked her hair long, but she had a cute face, so short hair worked, too. She LOVED short, short hair, except for one thing: when her hair was really short, if she wore pants, people would think she was a boy. She did not like that, so she often insisted on wearing dresses.]

April 26, 1982 -- was a very important day for our family. Today we went to juvenile court in San Diego, and the judge approved my petition to adopt the children. Grandpa and Grandma Conrad went to court with us, and the bailiff took a picture of our family with the judge, and let the girls watch it develop! [Polaroid!]
Apparently, according to some of my children, I look gorgeous in this picture. That is the only time that I have ever been called gorgeous.  I just know I was happy! I think Bruce looks pretty handsome, too. And the girls look a bit bored, like, can we get out of here already?

I am very happy to know that now our family can make plans to have the children sealed to us in the temple. It is also a great relief to know that if anything should happen to Bruce--and let's hope not--the girls will be safe with me. What a great day for our family!
April 26 - Grandpa C with Kelli, Grandma C with Abbi, outside on our pool deck.
Me and Abbi, Bruce and Kelli, inside our house on April 26, 1982.

No comments: