February 15, 1982 -- Yesterday in Primary, Kelli gave a talk. It was about love--about a girl and a goat. We taped it. [Oh good. Something else on the tape that we have no clue where it is...] Bruce said that Kelli gave her talk loud enough to hear all the way in the back. She looked so pretty as she said her talk all by herself--with no paper and no help!
An interview with Kelli:
What is your favorite animal? zebra
Why? Because it is striped white and black
What is your favorite color? pink and white
Who is your favorite friend to play with? Amy
What is your favorite food? ice cream
What is your favorite talent? to play piano
Who do you want to marry? [seriously? that was a question?] Chuck, because I like his name [Uncle Chuck probably; I can't think of another Chuck she knew.]
February 18, 1982 -- as Kelli, Abbi and I were driving home from Spring Valley, Kelli picked up a paper and said, "This is an invitation to a baby shower, isn't it?" I said, "Yes, it is. How did you know?" [The actual invitation is in the journal. It has a small picture of a teddy bear on it, but is otherwise only words. The teddy bear is just a bear, no ribbons or anything. No baby rattles or other pictorial give-aways.] Kelli gave me a withering look and said, "I read it." So I asked her to point to the word "baby". Well it was pretty late, and dark and as we got onto Jamacha Road, it was too dark to see. Kelli said she would show me when we were by some lights. When we got to about Main Street, she pointed right to "baby" and said, "See! There it is--baby. And this word right next to it is "shower."
February 19, 1982 -- as we were driving Bruce to school [he was attending Grossmont College] Kelli said, "There's a bus stop!" I said, "How do you know?" Kelli said, "Well, I read the sign, of course!"
February 19 was another first in Kelli's life and in Abbi's life. They went to Mexico for the first time. Arlene and I had a friend, Kim Francis, who came to San Diego for a visit from her home in Richmond, Ontario. Arlene also invited April Herman to come down from West Covina, and we would all take Kim to Tijuana. [Arlene, April and Kim were roommates together at BYU. I lived a couple of blocks away, in a different apartment--with Renée, who featured in an earlier post.] It was Kim's first time to Tijuana, as well as Kelli, Abbi and Bruce. On the way from La Mesa to Imperial Beach, Kelli rode with Grandpa and Grandma Lund [Uncle Michael's parents]. Grandma said they had a really nice visit with Kelli--she talked and talked! In Tijuana, the girls got to taste some authentic Mexican tacos and Mexican cookies. We bought them each a pair of maracas. Kelli's were shaped like oranges.
February 21, 1982 -- Unfortunately, today Kelli took her maracas outside, and instead of shaking them like she was supposed to, she was hitting them on the cement, and one broke open. So now she only has one!
An interview with Kelli:
What is your favorite animal? zebra
Why? Because it is striped white and black
What is your favorite color? pink and white
Who is your favorite friend to play with? Amy
What is your favorite food? ice cream
What is your favorite talent? to play piano
Who do you want to marry? [seriously? that was a question?] Chuck, because I like his name [Uncle Chuck probably; I can't think of another Chuck she knew.]
February 18, 1982 -- as Kelli, Abbi and I were driving home from Spring Valley, Kelli picked up a paper and said, "This is an invitation to a baby shower, isn't it?" I said, "Yes, it is. How did you know?" [The actual invitation is in the journal. It has a small picture of a teddy bear on it, but is otherwise only words. The teddy bear is just a bear, no ribbons or anything. No baby rattles or other pictorial give-aways.] Kelli gave me a withering look and said, "I read it." So I asked her to point to the word "baby". Well it was pretty late, and dark and as we got onto Jamacha Road, it was too dark to see. Kelli said she would show me when we were by some lights. When we got to about Main Street, she pointed right to "baby" and said, "See! There it is--baby. And this word right next to it is "shower."
February 19, 1982 -- as we were driving Bruce to school [he was attending Grossmont College] Kelli said, "There's a bus stop!" I said, "How do you know?" Kelli said, "Well, I read the sign, of course!"
February 19 was another first in Kelli's life and in Abbi's life. They went to Mexico for the first time. Arlene and I had a friend, Kim Francis, who came to San Diego for a visit from her home in Richmond, Ontario. Arlene also invited April Herman to come down from West Covina, and we would all take Kim to Tijuana. [Arlene, April and Kim were roommates together at BYU. I lived a couple of blocks away, in a different apartment--with Renée, who featured in an earlier post.] It was Kim's first time to Tijuana, as well as Kelli, Abbi and Bruce. On the way from La Mesa to Imperial Beach, Kelli rode with Grandpa and Grandma Lund [Uncle Michael's parents]. Grandma said they had a really nice visit with Kelli--she talked and talked! In Tijuana, the girls got to taste some authentic Mexican tacos and Mexican cookies. We bought them each a pair of maracas. Kelli's were shaped like oranges.
February 21, 1982 -- Unfortunately, today Kelli took her maracas outside, and instead of shaking them like she was supposed to, she was hitting them on the cement, and one broke open. So now she only has one!

No comments:
Post a Comment