Friday, December 7, 2012

June 1982

Tuesday June 8, 1982 -- Kelli had her first appointment with her new doctor, Dr. George Jackson, an ear specialist. He was such a nice doctor, with a very pleasant and gentle British accent. He said to Kill, "I am just a looking doctor. Do you mind if I look in your right ear?" Everything he did, he would ask her first if it was alright. "May I use my little ear vacuum and just vacuum out your ear?" he asked. Kelli said yes. Her ear was very full of pus. The cortisporin I have been faithfully putting in her ear has been useless because it couldn't get past the pus. Kelli has a hole in her eardrum, and we will find out how to deal with that problem when Kelli has her next appointment with Dr. Jackson. Kelli can hardly wait to go back! [Very nice doctor. She liked him.]

June 12 -- Wow! Did Kelli ever have a tantrum today! This was the first time, since I put her on the hyperactivity diet more than a month ago. Since getting her off of sugar and white flour, and increasing her vitamin and protein intake, she has been really very pleasant. I guess she had played pretty hard today--swimming, riding mopeds with the Quick's granddaughters, etc. Well, after supper, she and Abbi went over to an ant hole and Kelli took her shoes off. I don't know what she was trying to do, but what happened was that some ants got on her feet. She began to just SCREAM! When I told her to come inside [away from the ants] she went into her bedroom and began to kick the walls and furniture, which of course resulted in getting a bum smack. Then she went in and tore her bed apart. A very natural punishment suggested itself--she had to make her bed, and that's not easy for a four-year-old. But it helped her to calm down, and I am sure that she will not make the same mistake [tearing her bedding off her bed] again very soon.

On Tuesday, June 22, Kelli and Abbi danced in our ward talent show, with Jenna Lund and Rhonda Clark. They danced to "Gay Chicks." They were the program opener, because they were so cute and lively, and really captured the attention of the audience. Grandma Lund videotaped them. We were so proud of them! [Another videotape reference. It would be kind of cool to find these things.]

L-R: Jenna, Abbi, Kelli, Rhonda

No comments: