January 8, 1982 -- Kelli officially started piano lessons. [Remember, before I had given her one lesson...that didn't last; she was just too young.] Kelli has been asking for piano lessons for a long time--almost begging! So today, after my students Sherene, Jason and Marisa had gone home, Kelli had a lesson. And she did very well!
January 22, 1982 -- Kelli's primary class learned about babies today. Kelli's teacher, Julie Robey, asked the children to bring a baby picture. Because Kelli's baby picture was in her first journal, she took her journal to primary. The class was so impressed, because none of them even had a journal. Today Kelli passed off six songs (on the piano). She plays so well and counts so nicely. Today, our family had a picnic for lunch. It was such a beautiful, warm day.
January 28, 1982 -- Last night, I made a beautiful apple pie and some apple tarts. I left them sitting on the table this morning and went to work. Kelli and Abbi were up and playing quietly, and I asked them to please play quietly so their Dad could sleep a bit longer [remember, we had a sofa bed, so he was sleeping in the living room]. Between when I left at 8 and 9:30 when Bruce finally rolled out of bed [though he was awake but in bed with the TV on, most likely, before that...] something happened...when he got up, the two remaining tarts had been eaten, and the pie was gone, all but part of the bottom crust! It was rather funny, but I had to get a little bit mad so the girls would know they made a mistake. There were pie-crust crumbs all over the living room carpet which they had to help vacuum up. Since it was Jenna's birthday party today, they almost didn't get to go, but that would have disappointed Jenna too much. The girls felt very sorry for eating the pie [without permission, not to mention without plates] but they were allowed to have fun and [more] treats at Jenna's party! [Lesson for parents: do not leave yummy things sitting out in plain sight and expect small children to ignore the temptation. Out of sight, out of mind.]
January 22, 1982 -- Kelli's primary class learned about babies today. Kelli's teacher, Julie Robey, asked the children to bring a baby picture. Because Kelli's baby picture was in her first journal, she took her journal to primary. The class was so impressed, because none of them even had a journal. Today Kelli passed off six songs (on the piano). She plays so well and counts so nicely. Today, our family had a picnic for lunch. It was such a beautiful, warm day.
January 28, 1982 -- Last night, I made a beautiful apple pie and some apple tarts. I left them sitting on the table this morning and went to work. Kelli and Abbi were up and playing quietly, and I asked them to please play quietly so their Dad could sleep a bit longer [remember, we had a sofa bed, so he was sleeping in the living room]. Between when I left at 8 and 9:30 when Bruce finally rolled out of bed [though he was awake but in bed with the TV on, most likely, before that...] something happened...when he got up, the two remaining tarts had been eaten, and the pie was gone, all but part of the bottom crust! It was rather funny, but I had to get a little bit mad so the girls would know they made a mistake. There were pie-crust crumbs all over the living room carpet which they had to help vacuum up. Since it was Jenna's birthday party today, they almost didn't get to go, but that would have disappointed Jenna too much. The girls felt very sorry for eating the pie [without permission, not to mention without plates] but they were allowed to have fun and [more] treats at Jenna's party! [Lesson for parents: do not leave yummy things sitting out in plain sight and expect small children to ignore the temptation. Out of sight, out of mind.]

No comments:
Post a Comment