I am trying to think of things I am thankful for today that rhyme with tree, gold or carrot to fit into my tale of the day. (Because that was one of young Wally's thankful prompts.)
I am thankful we could SEE while driving to the airport this morning to pick up Patrick. The weather was just starting to turn a bit stormy at home when we left, but it got worse as we drove along. Bruce had volunteered to drive, and I was playing Sherlock on my phone, and when I looked up, holy cow! It had gotten nasty outside! He had to drive through slushy, slippery awfulness. But at least visibility was good!
Because it was COLD we decided to HOLD our Thanksgiving dinner as a brunch at Chuck-a-rama. I had heard that they put on a good Thanksgiving spread for a decent price. Bruce told me there would be a line. I didn't think there would be a line at 10 AM, when they open, which is when we would get there after picking Patrick up. We pulled into the parking lot at about 9:50, and there was already a line at the door! Huh. Mind you, it was a short line of only about 8 people. We sat and waited for Kelli and Allen to arrive, and a bunch more people came, but it was fine. Our wait was short, the restaurant was not crowded, the buffet lines were never awful, and there was plenty of choices to eat. It was nice because Kelli and Allen did not have to drive so far, and we were in SLC already because of the airport. So that was a nice way to get together, and well worth the cost, in my opinion. So I was thankful to HOLD our T-day dinner in a restaurant.
I do not really know how to use words that rhyme with carrot in a sentence about being thankful...well, I was thankful for the yummy carrot in the serving of pot roast I took from the buffet. We do not really have a garrett (attic) in our house, so I can't be thankful for that. And we have a cat, not a parrot, and I am thankful for that because I think I prefer cats to parrots.
Okay, this is getting silly. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good night!
I am thankful we could SEE while driving to the airport this morning to pick up Patrick. The weather was just starting to turn a bit stormy at home when we left, but it got worse as we drove along. Bruce had volunteered to drive, and I was playing Sherlock on my phone, and when I looked up, holy cow! It had gotten nasty outside! He had to drive through slushy, slippery awfulness. But at least visibility was good!
Because it was COLD we decided to HOLD our Thanksgiving dinner as a brunch at Chuck-a-rama. I had heard that they put on a good Thanksgiving spread for a decent price. Bruce told me there would be a line. I didn't think there would be a line at 10 AM, when they open, which is when we would get there after picking Patrick up. We pulled into the parking lot at about 9:50, and there was already a line at the door! Huh. Mind you, it was a short line of only about 8 people. We sat and waited for Kelli and Allen to arrive, and a bunch more people came, but it was fine. Our wait was short, the restaurant was not crowded, the buffet lines were never awful, and there was plenty of choices to eat. It was nice because Kelli and Allen did not have to drive so far, and we were in SLC already because of the airport. So that was a nice way to get together, and well worth the cost, in my opinion. So I was thankful to HOLD our T-day dinner in a restaurant.
I do not really know how to use words that rhyme with carrot in a sentence about being thankful...well, I was thankful for the yummy carrot in the serving of pot roast I took from the buffet. We do not really have a garrett (attic) in our house, so I can't be thankful for that. And we have a cat, not a parrot, and I am thankful for that because I think I prefer cats to parrots.
Okay, this is getting silly. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good night!
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! <3
Merit! Going to a restaurant was an idea that had merit, and I am thankful for that!
Post a Comment