Wow! That is not a question I would expect an 8 or 9 year old kid to come up with.
Angela posted this: "Wally's response to his own question was "puppies" and mine is "the horse farms around us here in Kentucky." I'm grateful his question reminds me we can be thankful for things without having them."
Angela posted this: "Wally's response to his own question was "puppies" and mine is "the horse farms around us here in Kentucky." I'm grateful his question reminds me we can be thankful for things without having them."
I feel like I am the host of "Family Feud"--and the survey said...
waterfalls
sunsets
calving glaciers
flower gardens
beautiful paintings
temples
kittens
antidotes (the woman who wrote this--her husband works in a factory that manufactures antidotes and also vaccinations)
foster families
my own room
dogs
sons
the deepest part of the ocean
all the beautiful places in the world I have seen pictures of but not visited
One person wrote: "I’m thankful for pets because they are a source of joy, companionship, wonder and happiness. Especially when someone is alone or sick. 💞
I’m thankful for farmers and farms because without them we couldn’t feed the world. Plus I’m a huge fan of delicious vegetables."
I’m thankful for farmers and farms because without them we couldn’t feed the world. Plus I’m a huge fan of delicious vegetables."
Susanne also posted this question, and that list included:
vaccinations
medicines
the promise of Heaven
an Italian passport
children
I thought this was such a profound question to be posed by a child. It really makes you think of all the wonderful things that you don't own, and in many cases can't own ("have") but for which you can still be thankful. And people's lists make me think of some things that I am thankful for that I have had--like back in the day when I had my own personal farmer (my dad) and his farm!
I think that other people have thought of such wonderful things to answer this question with! I am thankful for their answers. And right now, this may be silly, but I am thankful for hippos, which I have seen but not had. I am thankful for going with my sister to the San Diego Zoo and watching the hippos swim and cavort and play in the water. What a sight! When you see them on land, or standing in puddles of water, they look just large and maybe a little clumsy. But seeing them underwater! What a privilege. They are so graceful and agile and adorable. Who knew? I am thankful to have seen that sight, of these beautiful creations of God enjoying their lives in ways that I did not know they could. Delightful. (If you have not seen them for yourself, here is a video someone else took.)
1 comment:
I enjoyed the answers to your friend's question on Facebook. Those are things that didn't come to mind, but many of which I agree are delightful (flower gardens, farms, foster families)!
Cute hippo video! Watching that I can see why they are considered the most dangerous animal in Africa. I've read this in a couple of books in recent years. I was surprised the first time I read that.
Thanks for the thankful prompts. I've been enjoying posting them on Facebook to see what people come up with. Like for games last night, I totally thought of board games whereas I see someone posted college football. Ha!
Post a Comment