Friday, November 8, 2019

Things to say!

I actually have things to say today! It's a Friday miracle!

I was also going to have at least one picture for this post, too, which is great because who doesn't like pictures? But--last night, I forgot to plug my phone in, so I took the plug to work with me to charge it at work, and then left the plug at work. I will have to go and pick it up tomorrow, because I don't think my phone will last the weekend. But that is also the best way to get a picture from my phone to this blog--with the phone cord that is attached to the plug which is at work. So no pictures.

Four things today:
1. Went with Janet and Janice to listen to Ethan Wickman speaking at the U. Only about ten people were there to hear him. What? I was expecting more people. We listened to parts of his "Ballads of the Borderland."  While driving to SLC, I got a text message from Bruce asking me if I wanted to go out to dinner at Salt this evening, and I totally thought Salt Lake, probably because I was on my way there! Nope. (Salt is a restaurant on Center Street in Provo.)
2. Got back from SLC in time for my appointment with Stephen Jones to talk about the new hymnal. That was a satisfying conversation. I think we will end up with a good new hymnal in the end. (He can't believe that people in Kenya and Mauritius both like "If you could hie to Kolob" so much! He said, "I am sure they like the tune--it is a good tune. But the text is kind of weird." Thoughts?)
3. Rushed from there to a Children's Dance Works performance that Kathleen Sheffield invited me to--she wanted me to go badly enough (because we have planned a collaboration) that she left a free ticket for me. Speaking of which--they have this great new lobby for the dance theatre in the RB! I had no clue it was there! And it is really nice! Then: Surprise, surprise! Who do I see but Heidi and baby William, because little Beth was one of the dancers! The children did their own choreography to music they chose. Beth looked so confident, just loving her dance--it was so cool. She is seven. The youngest dancer was five, but I had to leave a bit early to take Josie to work. I missed the last three dances, including the five year old.
4. When I picked Josie up from work (rushing because I FELL ASLEEP and then was like oh no!) at 9:10 pm or so, there was a police car in front of me and it turned into the library's book drop road, which is a one way road going the other way, and I was like "What?" Josie was sitting on the bench waiting for me, and there were police all over the place. So that was freaky. But at least she was safe, because there were lots of police. She said they asked her if she had seen a fight, but she said, "No, I just got out of work at the library."

There you have it! My day in four points and no pictures.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Isn't the police station right at the library?

Myrna said...

Yes, but they were on the library side, around the book drop. So not in their usual place.