Okay, sometimes it is hard to keep a commitment to write daily. My day was long and stressful, and it took 25 minutes--yes, you read that right--25 minutes for the computer to decide to work properly. Five more minutes, and I would be so done, and there I would have ruined my November plan of writing every day.
This evening, our Indonesian group performed the Saman dance at Kingsbury Hall, so I was already stressed about that...and then, Josie has been extended a wonderful opportunity to go to Brussels, Belgium and work for two weeks. She will be joining a professor who flies out tomorrow, but she flies on Sunday. While it is a great opportunity, putting it all together on the fly with just a couple of days notice...a little on the stressful side. In fact, I was so stressed about THAT, that knowing that 1000 people were watching us dance really didn't faze me at all. Even though I made mistakes, and know that I did not perform perfectly, I was like, "Who cares? What really matters is getting Josie prepared to fly off by herself to spend two weeks working in Europe."
And on the dissertation front, my professor has done a complete edit, and he sees light at the end of my tunnel. So, while Josie is in Europe, I will be editing, editing, editing...hopefully, the dissertation will do for Josie going to Europe what Josie going to Europe did for Tari Saman....if I have more than enough to worry about, apparently I worry less?
This evening, our Indonesian group performed the Saman dance at Kingsbury Hall, so I was already stressed about that...and then, Josie has been extended a wonderful opportunity to go to Brussels, Belgium and work for two weeks. She will be joining a professor who flies out tomorrow, but she flies on Sunday. While it is a great opportunity, putting it all together on the fly with just a couple of days notice...a little on the stressful side. In fact, I was so stressed about THAT, that knowing that 1000 people were watching us dance really didn't faze me at all. Even though I made mistakes, and know that I did not perform perfectly, I was like, "Who cares? What really matters is getting Josie prepared to fly off by herself to spend two weeks working in Europe."
And on the dissertation front, my professor has done a complete edit, and he sees light at the end of my tunnel. So, while Josie is in Europe, I will be editing, editing, editing...hopefully, the dissertation will do for Josie going to Europe what Josie going to Europe did for Tari Saman....if I have more than enough to worry about, apparently I worry less?
1 comment:
She didn't tell me she was going to Brussels NOW. I asked her when but you know how Skype has been for us lately...so I didn't quite catch her answer...but I assumed it would be this summer.
What does that do for her classes, finals and such?
I'm glad your professor has gone through your dissertation because I...haven't yet. Andrew's been busy which means I've been busier doing the things he ordinarily does, you know? :)
I'm glad you wrote. Sometimes it's hard to write every day but there's always something to write! ;)
Post a Comment