Wednesday, November 28, 2012

September 1981

So, at some point in time (about 17-20 years ago) Kelli creatively cut out some of the pictures from her journal and put them in a photo album. Unfortunately, the sticky kind, before the world knew about acid-free versus not acid-free... I have some photo albums like that, too. This picture is actually from August 1981. Sleeping Beauty having a nap...


And now, on to September...

September 2 was Kelli's first day at gymnastics. I took her, and then had to leave her by herself so I could go back to work. Kelli was just a little bit frightened and apprehensive to be left alone, but when I picked her up at 5 pm, she was so happy! And excited to go home and show our whole family all the neat things she learned! And then, Kelli and Abbi got to sing "I am a child of God" at a primary meeting with Sara and Amy Watt.

September 4 -- Kelli and Abbi visited Dr. Garry Cameron for a check-up. Kelli had a good time--she liked the doctor! He said she was fine except for too much wax in her ears. She is 39 1/4" tall and weighs 29 lbs., which is normal and on the trim side for her age. Kelli was especially fascinated to have her blood tested. Last week, we had a library book all about blood, so Kelli was really excited to see her blood and learn about it. The nurse told Kelli she was testing her blood for iron and white blood cells. Kelli already knew (a bit) about white and red blood cells and platelets form the library book! She didn't even flinch when the nurse pricked her, although afterwards she told me that it did hurt. I was really proud of her--she was so well-behaved and co-operated so well with the doctor and the nurses.

September 6 -- This evening, Kelli said she wanted to show us some more things "from my class." I thought she meant gymnastics, but Kelli proceeded to do tap dance steps.
Me: I thought you were going to show us gymnastics.
Kelli: I can't! No one will help me! I can't do it if no one helps me!
Me: Well, what do you need help with?
Kelli: (looking down her nose, quite disgusted) Nothing!!

September 27 -- Kelli gave her second primary talk. She subsituted for someone else, so she and I were only able to start preparing it the night before. We taped it (where are these tapes, I wonder...) on her tape, and she said it very nicely! She did a good job!

September 30 -- We were sitting around the table at supper, and I happened to say something to Bruce and addressed him as "Dad." Kelli sprang to indignant life and said, "You can't call him Dad! You're not a little kid! You're supposed to call him Bruce!"


No comments: