Tonight, I planned to take some of Josie's pictures of her workplace in Belgium and put them here, on my blog, so that some people who don't have Facebook accounts could see her pictures. But...that is not going to happen tonight! My old computer is being so incredibly slow that I think I could drive to Provo and blog on my office computer and drive home again before I could get this computer at home to upload one picture.
So I am going picture-less.
And I am going with a different topic--Night in Bethlehem. I was so glad I had the opportunity to participate, even if I was only lights and sound technician in the stable room. The way Stone Gate Center for the Arts runs it is that you enter (The Immigration Room) where you pay your taxes (food for the local food bank) and then you go to a waiting room where you do some Christmas caroling (this is the buffer zone, to make sure all the other events have enough time to happen), then into Stone Gate's "Great Hall" which is set up as the town of Bethlehem, with shops such as pottery, basket weaving, a toy shop, bakery--there are musicians playing flutes, a snake charmer, dancers. On the stage are the inns, where Mary and Joseph go from one to another. The room I am in, which I call the Stable room, has the stable on a dais at one end of the room, and shepherd's hill at the other. It is the second last stop. The last stop is a room full of nativities / creches.
I love the Christmas music and the Christmas story--if I could just do cultural events the whole Christmas season, without having to worry about Christmas presents, I would love it! It just feels so good to be involved in giving to the community!
So I am going picture-less.
And I am going with a different topic--Night in Bethlehem. I was so glad I had the opportunity to participate, even if I was only lights and sound technician in the stable room. The way Stone Gate Center for the Arts runs it is that you enter (The Immigration Room) where you pay your taxes (food for the local food bank) and then you go to a waiting room where you do some Christmas caroling (this is the buffer zone, to make sure all the other events have enough time to happen), then into Stone Gate's "Great Hall" which is set up as the town of Bethlehem, with shops such as pottery, basket weaving, a toy shop, bakery--there are musicians playing flutes, a snake charmer, dancers. On the stage are the inns, where Mary and Joseph go from one to another. The room I am in, which I call the Stable room, has the stable on a dais at one end of the room, and shepherd's hill at the other. It is the second last stop. The last stop is a room full of nativities / creches.
I love the Christmas music and the Christmas story--if I could just do cultural events the whole Christmas season, without having to worry about Christmas presents, I would love it! It just feels so good to be involved in giving to the community!
No comments:
Post a Comment