Friday, November 9, 2012

Reading and First Kiss

November 2, 1980 -- Kelli will soon be reading! She does so well at remembering that before too long, she will be able to read as well. We have a new book called "I can do" and I have only read it to Kelli about three times. We took it to church today, and Kelli sat and "read" every page. We were really quite amazed. Bruce said he was sure that Kelli had just memorized it--but she sure memorized it quickly! She hasn't had it read to her very often.

November 4, 1980 -- Kelli was kissed for the first time by a boy! Her good buddy Chad L. was at our house being tended. Kelli and Chad were in the hall, and they put their arms around each other and Chad said, "Give me a kiss." And Kelli said, "okay" so they smacked each other right on the lips.

[Note from today: It is a good thing that I wrote that down--I had completely forgotten that happened until I read this journal again. I thought Josie was the only child of mine who was soundly kissed by age 3. In Josie's case, I think she was not yet 3, and it was Ty F.  We were visiting his family to see their new house, and as we were about to leave, I was holding Josie and Karen was holding Holly, and Josie gave Holly a little kiss on the cheek. Ty was standing looking up, and he said, "I want a kiss." So I put Josie down beside him, and he grabbed her and picked her up--he was a year older-- and kissed her and kissed her and kissed her.  We were all standing there looking at each other in amazement and shock! Bruce looked at Ty's parents and said, "Wow! Where did he learn to kiss like that?" I think his mom had to say, "That's enough, Ty!" several times...]

No comments: