Thursday, November 22, 2012

March 1981

March 18 -- Today, as Kelli and I were talking about temples and marriage and such things:
Kelli: I am going to marry Uncle Bruce.
Me: You can't marry Uncle Bruce. He is already married.
Kelli: No! Heather's Uncle Bruce!
Me: Well, Heather's Uncle Bruce is your daddy, and I don't blame you for wanting to marry him, but he's already married, too.
Kelli: No!!! I mean Uncle Bruce!
Me: But he's married to Aunt Judy.
Kelli: (disappointed) Oh...well, I guess I'll have to find someone else.
(She looked at Lance, who was in my arms)
Kelli: Lance! I'll marry Lance!
Me: But you can't marry Lance: he's your cousin.
Kelli: No! He'll grow up! And then I'll marry him!

March 22 -- As we were leaving the church after sacrament meeting, Kelli fell quite a ways behind Bruce, Abbi and I. I turned around and said, "Are you coming, Kelli?"  She said, "Yes, but I have to walk slowly because I just have little feet!"

Today was Chelsea Gillenwater's first birthday party, too. Kelli and Abbi went and had so much fun! They experienced their first piñata and had so much fun collecting the candies that fell from it.

March 24 -- Kelli has stayed dry at night for 10 days in a row--but this morning she woke up wet. She cried and cried--she felt so bad that she would not get a star on her chart. All morning she kept saying, "I'm so disappointed in meself--go wet in my pants!" Then she would cheer up and say, "Oh well. I'll stay dry tomorrow, and get to have another star, ok?" And of course that's ok! I am so proud of her for trying so hard!

March 28 -- We spent the day at the beach with our family! There was Grandpa and Grandma Layton and Cory, Grandpa and Grandma Conrad and Jenna, Uncle Bruce and Auntie Judy with Heather, Melinda and Carlie, and our family of four! We went to Solana Beach and Cardiff and had so much fun together.


I added the above picture of Kelli and Abbi. I am not sure when it was taken, because nothing is written on the picture, but here are the clues: the picture was taken by Grandma Conrad, and its place is the kitchen of our apartment 2. So, looking at hair length of children at a time when the Canadian grandparents were around and we lived in that apartment makes me think March 1981 was probably the time.

No comments: