Can I do it? Can I write something every day? I don't know, but I will try...
Sunday was a really busy day for me--got up early to Skype with Nancy and family, then I drove to Springville to pick Rosie up, then Rosie and I and Bruce went to pick up Grandma Layton to take her to church. Patrick's plane came in from Florida at 1:30, so we dropped Rosie and Grandma off at G's house so Bruce and I could go to the airport. P's plane was delayed--didn't land until 2:04, and then, in the time it took us to drive around the airport once, the plane's status changed from "pick up" back to "delayed". The poor travelers sat on the plane another 20 minutes before they were allowed to get to a gate. In the meantime, I knew that I would not be able to be back for Primary by 3:00, which I really wanted to do, because I am the chorister and we are getting ready for the CSMP.
So...who to text, when you know everyone is in church and SHOULD have their cell phones off? So, I texted Amy. When I didn't hear from her, I texted Cecilia. When I didn't hear from her, I texted Ashley. Then I got a text back from Amy. She is in the Stake primary presidency so she said, "I am at another ward's CSMP, but I will text Teppo (her husband)". Finally I heard back from Ashley, and she arranged for Cyndee to take over for me. When I got there, at 3:35, Cyndee was doing a great job, so I got to just sit and listen to the children sing, and I was very happy with what I heard! I saw Amy in the hall, and she said, "Teppo never texted me back, so as soon as I could, I rushed right over here. He saw me in the hall and came out and I asked why he didn't text me back! He said, 'Well, you know, I just recently gave a talk about turning off your electronics while you are at church...when your text came, I felt like I should look at it, but then I was like, no, I am not giving in to temptation!" Well, all is well that ends well.
After primary, I rushed back to SLC to pick up Rosie. I had left her with Grandma because they got a special treat: they were meeting Olivia and Sabrina and their dad at a nearby park. They got to spend an hour with these two:
If I had known that Patrick's plane would be so late AND that Cyndee would handle the Primary music alone, I would have done things differently. Spending time with these two beauties would have been much more fun than driving back and forth to SLC like a mad woman!
Sunday was a really busy day for me--got up early to Skype with Nancy and family, then I drove to Springville to pick Rosie up, then Rosie and I and Bruce went to pick up Grandma Layton to take her to church. Patrick's plane came in from Florida at 1:30, so we dropped Rosie and Grandma off at G's house so Bruce and I could go to the airport. P's plane was delayed--didn't land until 2:04, and then, in the time it took us to drive around the airport once, the plane's status changed from "pick up" back to "delayed". The poor travelers sat on the plane another 20 minutes before they were allowed to get to a gate. In the meantime, I knew that I would not be able to be back for Primary by 3:00, which I really wanted to do, because I am the chorister and we are getting ready for the CSMP.
So...who to text, when you know everyone is in church and SHOULD have their cell phones off? So, I texted Amy. When I didn't hear from her, I texted Cecilia. When I didn't hear from her, I texted Ashley. Then I got a text back from Amy. She is in the Stake primary presidency so she said, "I am at another ward's CSMP, but I will text Teppo (her husband)". Finally I heard back from Ashley, and she arranged for Cyndee to take over for me. When I got there, at 3:35, Cyndee was doing a great job, so I got to just sit and listen to the children sing, and I was very happy with what I heard! I saw Amy in the hall, and she said, "Teppo never texted me back, so as soon as I could, I rushed right over here. He saw me in the hall and came out and I asked why he didn't text me back! He said, 'Well, you know, I just recently gave a talk about turning off your electronics while you are at church...when your text came, I felt like I should look at it, but then I was like, no, I am not giving in to temptation!" Well, all is well that ends well.
After primary, I rushed back to SLC to pick up Rosie. I had left her with Grandma because they got a special treat: they were meeting Olivia and Sabrina and their dad at a nearby park. They got to spend an hour with these two:
If I had known that Patrick's plane would be so late AND that Cyndee would handle the Primary music alone, I would have done things differently. Spending time with these two beauties would have been much more fun than driving back and forth to SLC like a mad woman!

No comments:
Post a Comment